NWAIS Conferences, Workshops and Events
School Techology Meet-Up
NWAIS Independent School
Video Conference Gathering for School Technologists
Those working in independent school technology need precise answers and advice, quickly. That means being able to pick up the phone or reach out over the digital communities to other fellow experts. To deepen connections and build collegial relationships between those working in independent school technology, NWAIS and member schools will be hosting a series of hybrid meet-ups.
April 24, 2020
Meeting and Unconference: 1:00-3:00
Optional Happy Hour: 3:00-3:30
Preparing for the Future (and the Present) – Supporting Faculty and Students in Working Remotely
In the light of the current situation, we will move this meeting online and hope to reschedule with Microsoft in the future.
Revised Meet-Up Agenda
1:00-1:15 Welcome and Framing
1:15-1:30 Small Group Check Ins
1:30-2:00 Breakout Sessions
- Current Work - School Responses to Remote Teaching, Learning and Working
- Near Term - How are Schools Framing End of Year and Summer
- Long Term - What Learning Can We Leverage to Re-frame How Our Schools Operate Moving Forward
2:00-2:15 Set Up Unconference Sessions
2:30-3:00 Unconference Sessions
Possible Discussion Topics include:
- Supporting and training faculty
- Instructional and program design
- Tools for Instruction
- Remote Learning in the Early Grades
- Influencing policies and practices
- Impact on student schedule
- Transitioning Events from IRL – gala, grandparents day, curriculum night, student productions
3:00-3:30 Optional Happy Hour
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who works around or has a professional interest in independent school technology is welcome to attend. This includes tech directors, system administrators, network system analysts, database managers, educators, technology coaches, etc.
Please stay tuned for agenda topics. If you are not yet signed up for the NWAIS Digital Community, create an account and join the NWAIS School Technology Leaders. Updates on the program and discussion topics will be shared via the listserv.
Future Meet-Up Dates
July 24, 2020, Catlin Gabel School, Meeting 1:00-4:00pm, social to follow (Note change in date)
This series of meet-ups will be free and open to all. Attendees will be asked to RSVP.