NWAIS Conferences, Workshops and Events
Empowering students to navigate social media, technology, and social-emotional health during COVID
Empowering Students to Navigate Social Media, Technology, and Social-Emotional Health During COVID
A Virtual Workshop
March 15, 2021 – 3:30-4:30PM PACIFIC
Who Should Attend
Heads, Assistant Heads, Division Heads, Counselors, Deans of Students, Technology Directors, and others who support Advisory or Student Life
Now, more than ever, students’ social-emotional health is deeply shaped by their social world, including social media and technology. Bring your device to this interactive workshop that explores how school leaders can create community and support the social-emotional health of students, faculty, and families during this unique school year. The Social Institute’s Founder and CEO, Laura Tierney — one of the leading pioneers in positive social media education — will be teaming up with school leaders (and students!) across the Northwest Region to share actionable takeaways and best practices that can empower your students to strengthen relationships and their own health.
Join us to learn:
- Important considerations when addressing social media education during COVID
- The latest social media trends among students
- Top life skills that innovative schools are teaching to improve learning potential
- How schools are evolving to provide a systemic, scalable approach to equip their entire community
NWAIS Attendees: $35
Non-NWAIS Attendees: $55
TO RECEIVE THE REGISTRATION DISCOUNT: Your registration must be complete by the appropriate deadline.
• For online registrations with payment by check, payment must be postmarked by deadline date.
• Online registrations paid by credit card must be completed by 11:59pm on the deadline date.
Substitutions may be made any time prior to the conference. Written cancellations received by March 8, 2021 are eligible for a refund after a $25 cancellation fee. Cancellations received after March 8, 2021 are ineligible for any refund.