For Job Seekers
Seek Out an Opportunity to Work at a NWAIS School
Use the dropdown menus below to search for a job at a NWAIS school. You can also visit the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) Career Center for a national listing of available positions.
School bus driver
||French American School of Puget Sound
||Mercer Island, WA
School Bus Driver
Job Duties include:
- Drive one AM & two PM bus routes.
- Fuel the bus as needed and turn in receipts to Facilities, Office and Transportation Director.
- Maintain respectful and orderly conduct on the bus.
- Maintain daily logs.
- Notify Facilities, Office and Transportation Director of maintenance needs in timely fashion.
- Report safety-related concerns to Facilities, Office and Transportation Director in timely fashion.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned to this position.
- Dependable, reliable and experienced school bus driver.
- Flexible, communicative and a team player
- Must favorably pass a background check, MVR, and drug test.
- Approximate route times: AM is 6:45 - 8:30. PM is 3:20 – 6:30.
- Route originates on Mercer Island and will travel to Seattle neighborhoods of Magnolia and Queen Anne in the morning and Bellevue and Redmond in the afternoon.
- Willingness to provide excellent customer service in keeping with FASPS standards.
- All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to the school’s mission, values, and philosophy, especially related to diversity and the environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least seven (7) years of licensed driving experience.
- Three (3) years of commercial driving experience (bus driving a plus) preferred.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class B with a Passenger (P) Endorsement is required and an S endorsement is preferred but not required.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively.
- Successful completion of DCYF background check.
- Submit and pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening and DOT physical screening; and on-going random tests required per DOT regulations.
- $35 / hour
- Number of days
- Additional income from Field trip driving and other needs as assigned
- Permanent part-time position
- Please email resume.
Facilities, Office and Transportation Director