Lakeside School, an independent 5-12 coeducational day school located in North Seattle is currently recruiting for an Assistant Varsity Boys Soccer Coach. The season begins Monday, March 2, 2020 and concludes at the latest on Saturday, May 30, 2020. A required preseason coaches meeting will be held on Monday, February 10, 2020, 3:30 – 7pm.
The assistant varsity soccer coach, reporting to the boys soccer program head, will join an athletics program that includes 23 varsity teams, most of which have both sub-varsity and middle-school counterparts. The boys soccer program includes two teams at the high school level and several teams at the Middle School. The assistant varsity coach will be responsible for coaching duties with the team, as well as other program-wide duties as assigned by the boys soccer program head. Specific responsibilities include:
Requirements and Qualifications
- Compliance with all Lakeside School, METRO League, and WIAA policies and procedures;
- Supervision and instruction of student-athletes during team activities.
- Maintenance and inventory of team equipment and apparel.
- Attendance at required program and interscholastic athletics program meetings.
- Support of multi-sport participation for student-athletes.
- Promotion of balanced achievement in all areas of school life for student-athletes.
- At least 25 years of age preferred, have a clean driving record and a valid Washington state driver’s license.
- Be available for all practices and competitions from 3 p.m. daily during their coaching season with availability on weekends as required.
- Experience coaching soccer at the club, high school or college level is preferred.
- Demonstration of cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the culture lenses they bring to interactions.
- An understanding of different perspectives, the ability to interact respectfully with cultures other than their own, and ability to cultivate meaningful relationships with people who have different cultural frameworks.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete two criminal background checks and possess (or obtain) a current First Aid and CPR certification prior to the start of their season.
- Possess or obtain prior to the start of the season current First Aid/CPR certification.
We offer a stipend schedule that compares favorably with peer schools and clubs both locally and nationally. Coaching stipends are paid in monthly installments during the primary competition seasons. Other benefits include Lakeside Athletics apparel and access to funds for professional development. Questions about this position may be directed to Mark Szabo, boys soccer program head.
Working At Lakeside
At Lakeside we are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community. To learn more about working at Lakeside, including our professional development and mentoring programs, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and opportunities for involvement in non-academic programs, please visit our Careers page on the Lakeside School website.
Complete the online application here.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Participate in the Independent School Diversity Career Fair hosted by Lakeside School
Saturday, February 1, 2020
For more information and to register visit Diversity Career Fair