Lakeside School, an independent coeducational day school located in North Seattle, is currently recruiting for an Office Assistant for the Summer School Programs for summer 2020. This is a part-time position. The Office Assistant works from June 16 – August 3, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
This position reports to the Director of Summer School Programs and is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in providing administrative support for the six-week Summer School program.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Prepare orientation materials for Summer School Upper School and Investigative Learning Camp faculty orientations.
- Assist with office and classroom preparation at the beginning of the summer and with pack-up at the end of Summer School Programs.
- Assist Operations Manager with teacher supply requests.
- Distribute and collect attendance for Upper School classes.
- Supervise laptop check-out and check-in process.
- Manage Summer School Programs social media accounts.
- Assist Summer School Operations Manger with fielding parent, teacher, and student inquiries when they enter the Summer School office.
- Other duties as assigned by the Summer School Operations Manager or Director of Summer School Programs.
Successful candidates must have:
Compensation and Benefits
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of Lakeside’s academic program and standards of excellence.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Facebook; ability learn new software systems.
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- A great sense of humor.
- The ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the cultural lenses they bring to interactions. The candidate will understand different perspectives; interact respectfully with cultures other than their own; and cultivate meaningful relationships with people that have different cultural frameworks.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete two criminal background checks.
The stipend for this position is $3,500.
Lakeside School was founded in 1919, and currently enrolls 858 students in grades 5 through 12 from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds.
The School’s Mission and the shared commitment of all Lakeside employees is to develop in intellectually capable young people the creative minds, healthy bodies, and ethical spirits needed to contribute wisdom, compassion, and leadership to a global society. We provide a rigorous, dynamic academic program through which effective educators lead students to take responsibility for learning. We are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community and in the joy and importance of lifelong learning.
Interested candidates should visit Lakeside School’s careers website to apply online. The application process will remain open until a qualified candidate has accepted an offer. Applicants being considered will be interviewed. Phone or Skype/Zoom interviews are acceptable for candidates who are not local. For additional questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Kat Yorks, Director of Summer School Programs, by e-mail, email@example.com, or by phone, 206-440-2701. PLEASE DO NOT SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO KAT YORKS’S E-MAIL. Application materials need to be submitted online.
Working At Lakeside
At Lakeside we are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community. To learn more about our professional development and mentoring programs, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and opportunities for involvement in non-academic programs, please visit our Careers
page on the Lakeside School website.
Submit your online application here.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Participate in the Independent School Diversity Career Fair hosted by Lakeside School
Saturday, February 1, 2020
For more information and to register visit Diversity Career Fair