Lakeside School, an independent 5-12 coeducational day school located in North Seattle is currently recruiting for a Head JV Girls Basketball Coach. The season begins Monday, December 28, 2020 and concludes at the latest in late-February 2021. A required preseason coaches meeting will be held on Monday, December 14, 2020, 3:30 – 7pm.
The head JV basketball coach, reporting to the girls basketball program head, will join an athletics program that includes 23 varsity teams, most of which have both sub-varsity and middle-school counterparts. The girls basketball program includes two teams at the high school level and several teams at the Middle School. This coach will be responsible for coaching duties with the team, as well as other program-wide duties as assigned by the girls basketball program head. Specific responsibilities include:
- Compliance with all Lakeside School, METRO League, and WIAA policies and procedures;
- Supervision and instruction of student-athletes during team activities.
- Maintenance and inventory of team equipment and apparel.
- Attendance at required program and interscholastic athletics program meetings.
- Support of multi-sport participation for student-athletes.
- Promotion of balanced achievement in all areas of school life for student-athletes.
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least 25 years of age preferred, have a clean driving record and a valid Washington state driver’s license.
- Be available for all practices and competitions from 3 p.m. daily during their coaching season with availability on weekends as required.
- Experience coaching basketball at the club, high school or college level is required.
- Demonstration of cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the culture lenses they bring to interactions.
- An understanding of different perspectives, the ability to interact respectfully with cultures other than their own, and ability to cultivate meaningful relationships with people who have different cultural frameworks.
- Possess or obtain prior to the start of the season current First Aid/CPR certification.
- Satisfactorily complete two criminal background checks.
We offer a stipend schedule that compares favorably with peer schools and clubs both locally and nationally. Coaching stipends are paid in monthly installments during the primary competition seasons. Other benefits include Lakeside Athletics apparel and access to funds for professional development. Questions about this position may be directed to Mia Augustavo-Fisher, girls basketball program head.
Working At Lakeside
At Lakeside we are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community. To learn more about working at Lakeside, including our professional development and mentoring programs, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and opportunities for involvement in non-academic programs, please visit our Careers
page on the Lakeside School website.
Submit your online application here.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.