Eastside Preparatory School is seeking an organized, detail-oriented, and collaborative Administrative Assistant for Institutional Advancement.
Who We Are
Eastside Prep is an independent school located in Kirkland, WA – just five miles from Seattle. With 508 students in grades five through twelve, EPS seeks critical thinkers, responsible actors, compassionate leaders, and wise innovators to help us realize our vision and mission. We offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities in a collaborative and supportive environment. We provide competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan. Our community of committed, creative and passionate people is ideal for those who value integrity and purposeful change. If you’re looking for a community that values your individuality and expertise, Eastside Prep may be the right place for you.
Job Summary: Provides support as needed in the direction and coordination of fundraising, donor cultivation and community relations of the school according to policies approved by the Board of Trustees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development of efforts to support fundraising including the Annual Fund and any special fundraising efforts (usually Capital Campaigns)
- Supports and plans parent events related to community building including Fall Harvest, Heads Table meetings, Winter Celebration, and Graduation
- Supports and plans employee events including family picnic and end of year celebrations
- Tracks IA-sponsored events in the FMX room reservation system
- Documents EPS events through photography
- Designs and oversees completion of EPS yearbook
- Plans and implements EPS social media presence, including EPS Facebook page
- Coordinates and enters information for records related to fundraising including the Generations database, check logs, and acknowledgement letters
- Assists in work with parent groups including the Parent Association
- Supports and participates in school community events
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Institutional Advancement
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to articulate School’s mission and core competencies to prospective donors
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to collaborate with diverse constituencies
- Thoughtful discretion a necessity when working with constituents on fundraising efforts
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in computing skills, including Microsoft Office suite
Credentials and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of three years of progressive experience in education-related fields or in events/marketing/development-related work with events planning/implementation experience a plus
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Special Requirements: Willing to work after school and on weekends for events as needed and as requested by supervisor
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you! Please visit our website www.eastsideprep.org, complete our online application for employment, and upload your resume and a cover letter indicating why you are interested in and qualified for this position.
Position open until filled.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Thank you for your interest in Eastside Prep and this position!