Title: Early Childhood Lead Teacher
Position Overview: Park City Day School, a small, independent Preschool-Grade 8 school located in Park City, UT, seeks a dynamic and experienced educator to join our Early Childhood program as the Lead Teacher for the 2021-22 school year. The Lead Teacher will be responsible for cultivating a safe and supportive classroom environment and implementing thematic units of inquiry that foster language development and provide our young students with authentic learning opportunities through exploration and play. A qualified candidate should possess a holistic view of children, an understanding of the developmental needs of early childhood children, and an eagerness and collaborative spirit to work as part of a larger early childhood team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a homeroom classroom of approximately 15-18 students in Preschool or Jr. Kindergarten;
- Work collaboratively with a classroom assistant teacher as a mentor teacher;
- Prepare weekly lesson plans including instructional objectives, learning activities, collaborative integration with specialist teachers, assessments, and use of resources;
- Lead 2 parent teacher conferences and student support meeting with parents and other staff as needed throughout the year.
- Implement effective classroom management procedures aligned with the PCDS “Strive for Five” values to create a classroom environment that promotes learning, nurtures age-appropriate development of social-emotional skills, and establishes a welcoming classroom culture consistent with our school’s mission;
- Use technology tools and resources to enhance, differentiate, innovate, and extend instruction;
- Actively lead, participate, and support outdoor education opportunities aligned with or as organized by the Outdoor Education Coordinator;
- Participate in the school community including collaboration meetings, weekly faculty meetings, professional development sessions, and special events.
- Communicate regularly with families and complete a weekly newsletter;
- Utilize the Park City Day School Learning Management System (MyPCDS) to communicate with parents and highlight program;
- Know and implement the PCDS Teaching Framework based on the Charlotte Danielson model;
- Adhere to Park City Day School policies and procedures as a professional educator.
Personal and Professional Qualities: The successful candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Educational Expertise: PCDS teachers evidence a successful academic background and a mindset for lifelong learning and continuous professional improvement.
- Rapport with Children: PCDS teachers instruct in a broad range of curricular and co-curricular areas; however, the true subject (not object) of a PCDS education is children. PCDS teachers’ ability to connect, both individually and collectively, with children is critical to their success.
- Collegiality: Although the self-confidence and autonomy to plan and lead classes is essential, PCDS teachers collaborate with colleagues and share ideas to ensure that the whole is more than the sum of its parts. In peer groups, successful Park City Day School teachers serve both as contributing followers and respectful leaders.
- Engagement: As invested citizens of a school community and world network, PCDS teachers model the active intellectual and moral engagement necessary for a successful, sustainable society.
- Adaptability: To set a high standard in a world characterized by constant and rapid changes, PCDS teachers adapt creatively in response to institutional and global circumstances, advances in educational technology and innovation in instructional methods.
- "Strive for Five" School Values: Our teachers daily model our five school values - Integrity, Responsibility, Respect, Teamwork, and Compassion - and actively integrate them into the fabric of our school community through reflective opportunities and other daily “teachable moments.”
- A minimum of a college bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree preferred.
- Coursework with an emphasis in early childhood education is strongly preferred;
- A minimum of three years related experience is strongly preferred.
Application Process: Candidates will submit the following to email@example.com.
- A current resume showing all relevant employment;
- A cover letter expressing interest in the position;
- A list of three professional references that can be contacted at the appropriate time.