Early Childhood Classroom Assistant
Position Overview: Park City Day School, a small, independent PS-Grade 8 school located in Park City, UT, seeks a passionate, creative, and energetic Assistant Teacher to join our Early Childhood team for the 2021-22 school year. The Assistant Teacher will support the preparation, planning, and implementation of the daily program under the direction of a Lead Teacher. A qualified candidate should possess a holistic view of children, an understanding of the developmental needs of early childhood children, and an eagerness to work as part of a larger early childhood team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist a Lead Teacher with a classroom of approximately 15-18 students in Preschool or Jr. Kindergarten;
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom environment;
- Supervise students with daily health and hygiene routines;
- Support the development of weekly lesson plans including instructional objectives, learning activities, collaborative integration with specialist teachers, assessment, and use of resources;
- Support the lead teacher when implementing effective classroom management procedures aligned with the PCDS “Strive for Five” values to create a classroom environment that promotes learning, nurtures age-appropriate development of social-emotional skills, and establishes a welcoming classroom culture consistent with our school’s mission;
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and work in variety of scenarios, including outside play, rest/quiet time, leading the classroom when necessary, participating in Specials;
- Participate in the school community including collaboration meetings, weekly faculty meetings, professional development sessions, and special events;
- Adhere to Park City Day School policies and procedures as a professional educator.
Personal and professional qualities: The successful candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Educational Expertise: PCDS teachers evidence a successful academic background and a mindset for lifelong learning and continuous professional improvement.
- Rapport with Children: PCDS teachers instruct in a broad range of curricular and co-curricular areas; however, the true subject (not object) of a PCDS education is children. PCDS teachers’ ability to connect, both individually and collectively, with children is critical to their success.
- Collegiality: Although the self-confidence and autonomy to plan and lead classes is essential, PCDS teachers collaborate with colleagues and share ideas to ensure that the whole is more than the sum of its parts. In peer groups, successful Park City Day School teachers serve both as contributing followers and respectful leaders.
- Engagement: As invested citizens of a school community and world network, PCDS teachers model the active intellectual and moral engagement necessary for a successful, sustainable society.
- Adaptability: To set a high standard in a world characterized by constant and rapid changes, PCDS teachers adapt creatively in response to institutional and global circumstances, advances in educational technology and innovation in instructional methods.
- "Strive for Five" School Values: Our teachers daily model our five school values - Integrity, Responsibility, Respect, Teamwork, and Compassion - and actively integrate them into the fabric of our school community through reflective opportunities and other daily “teachable moments.”
Application Process: Candidates will submit the following to email@example.com.
- A current resume showing all relevant employment;
- A cover letter expressing interest in the position;
- A list of three references that can be contacted at the appropriate time.