Full-Time, Full Benefits
Villa Academy seeks an Administrative Assistant for the lower and middle school directors. The Administrative Assistant plays an integral role in the day-to-day activity of both the faculty and student body, assisting the directors in planning, coordination and implementation of all aspects of the academic, student, and community life in a preschool through eighth grade learning community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Promote & support the school’s mission and values, making these the center of all decisions and actions;
- Support an atmosphere of trust and openness among teachers, students, and parents;
- Provide calendar, general clerical, and administrative support to the division directors;
- Provide editing and publication support for communication pieces from division directors;
- Oversee the school’s program for recruiting, identifying, and scheduling outside substitutes and in-house class coverage and support as needed;
- Support the faculty/staff hiring process, posting job descriptions, communicating with applicants, organizing applicant materials, etc.;
- Oversee implementation of school wide parent volunteer training orientations and maintain required documentation for volunteers;
- Oversee coordination of division specific calendar events with the all-school calendar communication process;
- Manage and maintain teaching/administrative supplies and materials;
- Assist as needed in planning student and/or faculty campus-wide events;
- Assist with new staff and faculty orientation in August;
- Compile information as requested, formatting reports, graphs, tables, records, and presentations;
- Liaise with and support Admission Department with specific student events as needed;
- Support community service programs/opportunities;
- Organize internal student information such as in-house assessments and standardized testing and reports;
- Manage high school application process logistics;
- Assist with graduation ceremony details, such as programs, awards, liaising with parents for robe preparation, etc.;
- Provide support and assistance to the Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Director in the administration of standardized (CTP) testing (inventory and ordering materials, accommodations, makeup testing, mailing reports, etc.);
- Assist with development and coordination of lower and middle school teacher schedules;
- Oversee the annual implementation and on-going updates for the all-school duty schedule;
- Support class placement process and generation of class lists, including coordination with the Technology Department;
- Assume responsibility for other projects as assigned by the division directors.
Education & Experience:
- Associates degree or three years of related experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Previous experience in a school setting is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to mission, vision and core values of Villa Academy;
- A commitment to equity and inclusion and an understanding of its important role in academic excellence and student preparation. Consistent with our unique history and ethos, Villa Academy is committed to building and fostering a richly diverse and inclusive school community;
- Expert user of Microsoft Office and Google apps, including calendar functions;
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor under pressure, competently multi-task, and show flexibility with changing priorities;
- Demonstrate initiative and flexibility across a variety of tasks and responsibilities;
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of students, parents, and faculty;
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; ability to complete work in a timely manner;
- Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; read and interpret written information;
- Punctual, reliable, dependable and detail oriented with strong organizational skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive partnerships with faculty, administration and parent community;
- Ability to organize, move and transport school materials and supplies throughout a large school building;
- Ability to perform the job responsibilities of this position.
Please provide, via email, the items listed below (preferably in one PDF document).
- A cover letter.
- A current resume with relevant educational experience and three references.
Villa Academy is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal rules and regulations and does not discriminate in admission, access, treatment or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, national origin, marital status or disability.