Hamlin Robinson School, located in the North Beacon Hill neighborhood of Seattle, Washington, is an independent, non-profit, accredited, state-approved, elementary and middle day school offering a comprehensive educational program serving students with dyslexia and other language related difficulties. Hamlin Robinson School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. HRS values diversity and welcomes the unique contributions of people from all backgrounds, gender identities, learning styles, physical abilities and sexual orientation.
Position: Development/Database Coordinator
Reporting: Advancement Director
Job Classification: Regular full time position (essential work-force) on-site daily
Ensure continued financial support for Hamlin Robinson School by providing administrative assistance and oversight for daily development operations and events.
- Process all donations and pledges; prepare solicitation lists, mailings, acknowledgement letters, pledge reminders, solicitations, marketing mailings and materials, and other fundraising activities as needed.
- Manage the matching gift program, including acknowledgement of matching gifts and opportunities for matching volunteer hours.
- Manage, record, and track capital campaign pledges and payments.
- Maintain donor database including all outstanding pledges, coordinate monthly pledge payment reminders, and other campaign communications.
- Coordinate correspondence, gift acknowledgments, processing and recording, data input, and information management, while adhering to established practices and systems.
- Help facilitate, track, and report on donor and volunteer engagement activities.
- Coordinate directly with volunteer leadership and work to problem solve while providing a quality volunteer experience.
- Provide strategic support to prospect cultivation activities and events.
- Execute on established strategies and manage timelines for campaign activities and events, as well as provide services including information management, RSVP tracking, production of materials, and on-site coordination.
- Be the ‘expert of record’ for the donor database (Veracross) for development team.
- Maintain and update development database/s and constituent records.
- Prepare mailing or communication lists as needed and make name and address corrections to constituent records and research new addresses for returned mail.
- Prepare and run reports as needed and/or requested.
- Prepare donor prospect research as needed.
- Record and track all parent procurement cash, check and credit card payments, over FMV sales, and all other auction transactions.
- Enter, and review item descriptions in database or oversee volunteers who input data; manage the tagging and storage of auction items; print and organize certificates; assign bid numbers and catalog numbers, produce bid sheets and lot tags, coordinate attachment of lot tags to items, print labels and organize folders for bidder packets, print labels and coordinate mailing of auction catalogs to guests, oversee registration the night of auction, among other auction duties.
- Coordinate family association meetings. Attend meetings and take committee meeting minutes. Send reminders and minutes to association members.
- Provide administrative support to the Advancement Director including calendar and meeting logistics. As needed, gather meeting materials, execute production of marketing/communications materials, and provide general office management duties.
- Bachelor's degree or working toward a degree
- Excellent computer (Microsoft suite, donor database software, CRM: Veracross, Finalsite, and Great Giving experience a big plus) skills
- Highly organized, motivated, strategic thinker, self-starter with proven interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Able to work some evening and weekend hours
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities to meet the ongoing needs of the school.
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality, professionalism, and work with tact and diplomacy
- Able to perform multiple responsibilities simultaneously, detail oriented, with strong, creative problem solving skills
- Able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to contribute to the team as well as work independently
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on responsibilities
Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter to:
Hamlin Robinson School
c/o Ms. Sarah Dahleen
Email: jobs @hamlinrobinson.org with “Development Database Coordinator” in the subject line.
Hamlin Robinson School is an equal opportunity employer.
Hamlin Robinson School ignites the academic and creative potential of students with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences.
The world class educational program at Hamlin Robinson School is a catalyst for students to discover the joy of learning within a rich, comprehensive school experience.
Respect: We show appreciation and acceptance for ourselves, our community, and our learning.
Responsibility: We show integrity and accountability for our choices.
Purpose: We show dedication and resolve through our actions.
Perseverance: We show commitment and resilience in all our endeavors.