Student Program Coordinator
Location: Mercer Island, WA
Reports To: Assistant Head of School - Education
At Yellow Wood Academy, our philosophy is to provide every student with the tools and encouragement needed to pursue their own personal journey. We do this by constructing a unique educational program for our students that considers the whole child. All our programs are academically rigorous while personalizing the pace, style, and project for our students, whether that means giving more time and support, or letting them accelerate and explore.
YWA Culture and Values
- Respect is valuing each other for who they are, what they stand for and being considerate of other perspectives.
- Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Responsibility is being directly accountable for yourself and for the quality of life within the YWA community.
- Commitment to equity; anti-racist, gender-inclusive environments (both office and educational environments); and evaluation of systemic privilege and oppression, with openness to personal and institutional growth.
The Student Program Coordinator (SPC) is a driven leader with a self-starter attitude, highly organized and excited about quality customer services for our families. This opportunity presents the SPC with the ability to help shape the development of systems to best support families in the enrollment and re-enrollment process for families.
The SPC is responsible for daily communication with families around enrollment, schedule requests and paperwork management:
- Provide quality customer service to our families and students
- Manage re-enrollment and collecting scheduling information for each of our returning families
- Work with the Admissions Coordinator to on-board new families into our program
- Maintain consistent contact with families to address concerns, answer questions, and provide high quality service
- Support families with yearly re-enrollment
- Maintain, update, and distribute student profiles
- Staff with teachers and administration regarding student goals and needs
- Support the Registrar and Student Services team in best correspondence with families and districts
Qualities of a Successful Leader
The SPC must be a strategist, leader, and organizer. The SPC must be collaborative, flexible, and adaptable. They must be able to work in a student centric environment where change is the norm and have a passion for serving the needs of each student with innovative education solutions. The SPC must possess:
- Operate as lead for the re-enrollment process.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment where change is the norm and collaboration, flexibility and adaptability are necessary.
- Collaborator with a demonstrated capacity to build relationships and maintain positivity across constituencies and identities.
- Ability to orchestrate the development of a market for program expansion and scale and adapt to changes with the schools’ education offerings and markets.
- Growth mindset for self and fosters and encourages professional learning for others.
- Willingness to directly engage in work efforts, as well as manager and lead others.
- Enjoys the challenges of a unique environment and working with and building a team.
- Energetic, positive, collaborative leader, who seeks feedback, incorporates relevant information, and provides constructive feedback to others.
- Self-starter that can work independently to implement organizational objectives.
- High level of integrity and candor
- Strong intellectual skills including superior written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to independently prioritize and focus on a busy work environment with numerous demands.
Required Experience and Education
Desired Experience and Education
- Masters degree
- Degree in Education
- Experience in personalized education and/or one-on-one teaching
- Teaching experience
- Administrative experience in schools
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Yellow Wood Academy does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.