OUR MISSION: Oregon Episcopal School prepares students for higher education and lifelong learning by inspiring intellectual, physical, social, emotional, artistic, and spiritual growth so that they may realize their power for good as citizens of local and world communities.
ABOUT US: Oregon Episcopal School occupies a wooded 59 acre campus where 880 students in Pre-K through 12th Grade share an excellent faculty, an inquiry based curriculum, and a strong sense of community. The School values employees who seek to continually develop the OES Essential Competencies in themselves and others and are prepared to engage in a vibrant, culturally diverse learning community.
JOB SUMMARY: The OES Admissions Office staff works to fully enroll students at OES while maintaining class compositions that encompass cultural, geographic, economic, gender, religious, and ethnic diversity. The admissions assistant and marketing coordinator will support these activities through professional level administrative and clerical activities designed to achieve the School’s enrollment goals. This position is responsible for Admissions Office database tools, promotes email marketing, manages application material, and provides clerical, data entry, and general office support. In addition to the qualifications detailed below, the successful assistant will possess enthusiasm for teamwork, demonstrate cultural competence, and have a problem-solving, customer-service orientation.
This is a .80 FTE (32 hours per week), year-round, hourly position that comes with a competitive salary and benefits package. For more information on benefits at OES visit the OES Benefits Guide. COVID vaccine required. Open until filled.
Application Tracking and Management
- Ensure Admissions Portal and Standard Application Online (SAO) are updated and ready for launch by the start of each Admissions season.
- Provide customer service to prospective and current families as they interact with various online tools such as the Admissions Portal, FormSite, and the Standard Application Online (SAO).
- Manage application material, files, and forms for all divisions in a paperless environment, specifically using internal database system (Veracross) and Google Drive.
- Document and acknowledge incoming application material (teacher recommendations, SSAT and TOEFL scores, student questionnaires, etc.).
- Maintain database integrity – ensure data entered is consistent with established protocols.
- Assist with preparation and collating of accept packets and gifts.
Admissions Communication and Marketing
- Create and manage the Admissions email communications plan.
- Solicit email content from admissions associates. Design attractive email communication using mass email marketing tools such as Constant Contact and database system communication module.
- Liaise with the Marketing and Communications Office on all Admissions marketing-related projects. Manage projects and timelines, including annual advertising plan, printed materials, giveaways, etc.
- Copy edit all Admissions marketing material (printed and online).
- Update/maintain the Admissions pages of the OES website, including suggestions for regular content updates throughout the year.
- Ensure annual updates of OES profile on third-party websites are accurate and complete in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications office.
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Communications Office regarding Admissions events posted on the public calendar.
- Collate Admissions viewbooks with division-specific material; ensure enough viewbooks for each division are on hand/available for mailing and travel.
- Track advertising throughout the year as well as email response rates.
- Manage photo assets and prepare photos for use in Admissions slideshows, printed materials, email marketing campaigns, and display materials.
- Purchase and manage direct mail list.
- Proofread and edit material for the Admissions team as requested.
- Provide support for Admissions tours throughout the year. Send tour reminder and follow-up emails; provide attendee list and name tags for associates. Set up tour signs on campus and materials in the tour room. Clean-up tour room after the tour, and remove tour signs from campus grounds.
- Create and manage sign-up and RSVP lists for major Admissions events.
- Assist in the implementation of all admissions events.
- Coordinate event-related communication.
- Maintain office iPads and prepare digital tools for group tours, school fairs, and events registration.
- Create slides for Admissions committee reviews. Provide support during committee meetings as requested.
- Annual inventory of deliverables and related: all printed material, giveaways, accept gifts, etc.
- Support the Admissions team by creating labels, nametags, etc. upon request.
- Create a student directory.
- Welcome guests as they come to the Admissions office. Direct visitors to the appropriate individual.
- Pivot tasks and re-distribute responsibilities; remain flexible when circumstances demand it.
- Lend general Admissions support as needed.
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of training and education.
- Database management and email marketing experience.
- General digital literacy: Intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite, Google Docs and other web-based applications; Skype, Google meets, or Zoom as appropriate to job duties. Ability to learn and adapt as digital tools evolve.
- Intercultural competence: ability to work with families and colleagues of diverse backgrounds, sensitivity and sophistication around issues of race and class, commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Documentation COVID vaccine
- Experience with Constant Contact, Finalsite, and Veracross.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to exercise a high degree of discretion in handling sensitive or confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to draft professional business correspondence; professional phone demeanor; knowledge of norms of email correspondence.
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to manage competing deadlines and prioritize work appropriately; high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills: ability to maintain collegial relationships with colleagues; warm, welcoming demeanor when dealing with prospective families and the public.
- Ability to sit at computer and keyboard for extended periods.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to move about the OES campus and off campus venues as needed.
COMPENSATION: Starts at $22 to $24 per hour depending on experience, plus benefits.
NOTE FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Login to the payroll system as normal, search for My Career, then select Search for Jobs. This brings up a menu of all open positions allowing you to apply easily from there.
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.