The Northwest School is a college-preparatory, co-educational independent school near the heart of downtown Seattle. We offer a rich and challenging program to roughly 450 students in grades 6 through 12, including international students, many of whom live in our campus dormitory. Northwest is committed to a diverse workplace and expects applicants to have a demonstrated commitment to inclusion, equity, and social justice. We firmly believe that a diverse community is a richer, more creative, and dynamic one. In its faculty and student body composition, then, the school strives to reflect the diversity of Greater Seattle; as such, candidates from under-represented populations are encouraged to apply.
The Northwest School seeks a full-time Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management to shape and implement a comprehensive strategy for the schools recruitment, admission, and retention efforts. The Director also helps to identify and execute institutional initiatives that support the growth and inclusivity of the community. The Director serves on the Senior Leadership Team and reports to the Head of School. This position is available immediately.
- Under the direction of the Head of School, work collaboratively to forward the mission, vision, and philosophy of the institution.
- Develop and implement strategic recruitment and enrollment initiatives to promote the school and attract prospective families.
- Design and implement an Admission program in which the schools mission, strategic goals, philosophy, and culture are effectively communicated to all prospective families and students.
- Efficiently and accurately lead and manage the admissions process over four cycles: Early Sibling, Middle School, Upper School, and International.
- Inspire and lead a staff of three to four admissions professionals, including two assistant directors.
- With the Communications Director and Advancement Team, produce compelling admissions publications and marketing materials, oversee website content, and develop marketing strategies for online, social media, and print advertising.
- Collaborate with the Director of Global Outreach and Programs on the recruitment of international students.
- Manage all relevant statistics and data related to applications, enrollment, and attrition, and prepare and present reports to leadership and other constituents, including (as needed) the schools Board of Trustees.
- Research, monitor, understand, and analyze emerging local, regional, and national demographic trends that affect independent school enrollment; determine the potential impact of, and strategic responses to, same.
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships with the division directors around admissions committee operations, high-impact protocols (e.g., class visits), and all manner of events (open houses, neighborhood/feeder school coffees, accepted student receptions, etc.).
- Recruit and orient members of the three Admissions Committees (Middle School, Upper School, and International); coordinate and guide their review of applicant files.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Financial Aid to leverage awards in ways that advance our strategic priorities; manage the $2.2M operating and endowment budgets; and disburse tuition assistance packages, for both domestic and international admissions.
- Serve as an active school representative at the regional and national level with the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS), Puget Sound Independent Schools (PSIS), Association of Independent School Admission Professionals (AISAP), and the Enrollment Management Association (EMA).
- Establish, maintain, and grow relationships with feeder schools (both private and public) and educational consultants in the greater Seattle Area.
- Attend all monthly meetings of the Board of Trustees, as well as select Committee meetings (e.g., Finance, Communications & Marketing).
- Actively participate in the life of the school, including attending athletic and artistic events, helping with special programs (e.g., Environment Team membership), joining student interest groups, serving on faculty committees, etc.
- Manage the admissions budget.
- All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to the schools mission, values, and philosophy, especially related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and environmental sustainability.
- A bachelor's degree and five years of progressively responsible admission management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic, and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience and success recruiting students and families from diverse, under-represented communities.
- Comfort and experience with different social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Intermediate aptitude with Microsoft Suite and either Ravenna-Admit, Senior Systems, or a similar student information database/system.
- Personal qualities of integrity, resilience, approachability, kindness, and humor.
- Masters degree or higher
- Experience as director of admissions
Salary is highly competitive with top independent schools in the region. The Northwest School offers an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and life and accident insurance coverage, fully paid for employee only coverage. A retirement program matches up to 6% of an employee's salary after one year of service in a 403(b) plan. An intentional, mission focused school culture, generous time off, lunch, access to the on-site fitness facility, an exceptional commitment to professional development, and a unique urban location are also benefits of working at the Northwest School.
Please submit a cover letter and resume online: http://northwestschool.org/about-the-school/employment
**Please note: we are unable to fully consider materials submitted through other avenues such as Indeed.com without a corresponding application through our website.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or marital status.