For Job Seekers
Seek Out an Opportunity to Work at a NWAIS School
Use the dropdown menus below to search for a job at a NWAIS school. You can also visit the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) Career Center for a national listing of available positions.
Part Time Substitute Bus Driver
|School Name||Charles Wright Academy|
|City, State||Tacoma, WA|
Charles Wright Academy _________________________________
7723 Chambers Creek Road West
Tacoma, WA 98467-2099
Part Substitute Time Bus Driver
Posting Date:February 28, 2019
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date:As soon as mutually agreeable
Charles Wright Academy is an independent coeducational day school offering a broad curriculum in the liberal arts. Founded in 1957, the school enrolls 660 students in grades junior kindergarten through twelve. We are located in a suburban neighborhood southwest of Tacoma, approximately one mile from Puget Sound and within the shadow of Mt. Rainier.
Charles Wright Mission Statement: Charles Wright Academy provides a rigorous and dynamic liberal arts education built on the principles of excellence and compassion. Within an inclusive and globally aware learning community, we foster self-reliance, integrity, social responsibility, and humor, inspiring our students to discover within themselves the courage to achieve their personal best in mind, body, and spirit.
This is a regular part-time position averaging approximately 20 hours per week while school is in session. Selectee will drive students of all grade levels and other authorized persons on our regular routes within our transportation range and beyond for special and athletic events.
* Drive school buses of varying sizes to safely transport students of all grade levels and other authorized persons
* Provide a high level of customer service to all constituencies, always representing Charles Wright Academy in a positive manner
* Practice respectful and effective behavior management, report misbehavior
* Check vehicle equipment, fuel and warm up bus prior to departure daily; report any irregularities
* Assess daily and maintain a clean bus fleet inside and out, including windows
* Maintain consistent safety standards and practices
* Participate in bus driver training courses as scheduled by the bus driver lead
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* A valid Washington state driver’s license including CDL with school bus and passenger endorsement required, along with an acceptable driving record
* Current medical examiner’s certificate required
* First aid and CPR certification required
* Sense of humor, a passion for working with children and an ability to relate well to a variety of constituencies (faculty, staff, parents and students)
* Previous experience as a school bus driver or in the transportation field
Salary is competitive and dependent upon background, and breadth of experience. Benefits include sick leave and all hours worked will count towards eligibility to receive Academy medical and contributions to retirement.
Charles Wright is a great place to work with well-behaved students; a supportive and responsive team, and a well maintained bus fleet. Charles Wright provides a close-knit community where you are known, your work is respected and appreciated, and caring for our students and each other is at the heart of what we do.
Interested candidates should send:
1) a resume
2) a letter of interest referencing the source code of where you first learned of the position (Source Code: SW for the CWA website, SP for NWAIS, IN for Indeed) to:
Mail: Attention Office of Human Resources at address above.
In-person application: Follow campus signs to “Upper School”, using Upper School visitor parking. The Office of Human Resources is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
No phone calls, please.
Charles Wright Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/V/D.