For Job Seekers
Seek Out an Opportunity to Work at a NWAIS School
Use the dropdown menus below to search for a job at a NWAIS school. You can also visit the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) Career Center for a national listing of available positions.
||Meridian School, The
We are looking for creative, experienced, and collaborative elementary educators to serve as substitute teachers when classroom faculty, associate faculty, specialists, or Extended Day staff are absent.
- Classroom faculty are responsible for academic instruction, as well as supporting students' social and emotional development.
- Associate faculty support student learning in the classroom by helping to facilitate differentiated instruction, as well as supervising daily all-school recess.
- Specialists instruct students in Spanish, technology, information literacy (library), music, and physical education, and in the creativity lab.
- Extended Day staff care for students before and after school.
- Experience teaching elementary students
- Knowledge of current best teaching practices
- Effective classroom management skills and the ability to create a positive, nurturing environment for students
- Proficiency with classroom technology
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Education and Experience
- Washington State teaching certificate preferred
- Prior classroom experience with a record of effective performance
- Faculty, associate faculty, and specialist substitutes are paid $135.00 for a full day (8:00 - 3:45) or $70.00 for a half-day
- Extended Day substitutes are paid $16/hr.
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Camille at: