DESCRIPTIONS OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate best instructional practices to deliver a high-quality, developmentally appropriate curriculum to students.
- In collaboration with classroom faculty, develop, maintain, and revise curriculum maps in all content areas that are aligned to the School’s standards.
- In collaboration with classroom faculty, actively create and maintain a well-managed, positive classroom environment that supports student engagement and motivation.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with students.
- Supervise students in a variety of settings, including, but not limited to, the classroom, the School’s playground, and field trips.
- Actively participate in faculty work aligned with the strategic plan.
- Has a commitment to ongoing cultural competence professional development and has the motivation to put these skills into practice.
- Understand and support the school’s mission through professional conduct and actions which demonstrate the core values and philosophy of the organization.
- Collaborate with teaching faculty to assess students, and design and deliver differentiated instruction to flexible groups of students.
- Substitute for the lead classroom teachers in times of absence and fulfill all duties for the designated amount of time.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working with children.
- Proficient technology skills and the knowledge and ability to integrate technology into the curriculum.
- Attend overnight experiential learning trips.
- Must have a valid WA driver’s license and be willing to drive Meridian vehicles for work related tasks.
- Excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds, interact with students, and move around the classroom.
The Meridian School is an equal opportunity employer seeking a culturally diverse workplace and does not discriminate against age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, race/color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, veteran or marital status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information visit our website.
Interested candidates are invited to APPLY, please include references along with a sample lesson and statement of teaching philosophy.