Lakeside School, an independent 5-12 coeducational day school located in North Seattle, is currently recruiting for a Facilities Assistant. This position is part of a facilities team that is responsible for the care and maintenance of our upper and middle school campuses. The Facilities Assistant maintains the schedule for all facilities use.
- Manage the shared space calendars and all-school facility use requests.
- Maintain accurate activity schedules and calendars and post weekly schedules for shared spaces.
- Proactively manage scheduling conflicts.
- Communicate with outside groups requesting to rent facilities and grounds.
- Manage the facility use agreement process including contract signing, insurance documentation, invoice creation, rental payments, and tracking usage for property tax compliance.
- Provide daily and weekly reports on setups, events, locking and unlocking buildings.
- Communicate with maintenance and food services regarding events.
- Track maintenance requests on an in-house tracking program.
- Assist in all areas of emergency preparedness including organizing safety meetings, communicating drills, distributing and posting emergency documents, maintaining perishable emergency supplies and updating the school’s emergency preparedness plan.
- Assist in the operation of the school’s rental housing program.
- Manage the vehicle license renewal process.
- File department of Ecology small quantity generator reporting and DOT documentation.
- Manage adult parking on the Upper School campus.
- Communicate school closures and bus schedules to security guards.
- Coordinate furniture purchases with departments and vendors, in line with school policy and budgets.
- During the summer months, assist other offices for vacation coverage.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, fluency in Microsoft Office, knowledge of databases and information management. Web editing interfaces desired.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Enjoyment of a student-centered environment.
- References should speak to this person’s dexterity and effectiveness in solving problems for customers of a service organization and their ability to work harmoniously with colleagues.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of 2 years’ experience equal in scope to the requirements and duties required for this position.
- Experience in an educational setting, or prior experience in event management, or the construction industry as a foreman, project manager or lead person.
- Cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the cultural lenses they bring to interactions and an ability to communicate with people from cultures different than their own.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete two criminal history background checks.
The Lakeside School physical plant is comprised of two campuses in North Seattle, one in Kenmore and one in Downtown Seattle. The school owns 27 rental units located around the middle school and upper school campuses which are rented to staff and faculty.
Lakeside School is committed to maintaining and caring for our physical plant, sports fields and grounds to the highest standard possible. In doing so, we provide support to students, faculty and staff and our very active community. The Facilities Department ultimately provides support for the varied academic programs, keeping our Mission, Statement of Community Expectations and School Policy in view at all times.
- While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms and carry office related supplies and equipment.
- Ability to walk from upper school to lower school campus (about 3 long blocks away).
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds overhead.
- Standing/sitting for long period of time during event days which exceed eight hours.
- Potential exposure to dust.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions such as rain, snow, wind and fog.
Working At Lakeside
At Lakeside we are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community. To learn more about our professional development and mentoring programs, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and opportunities for involvement in non-academic programs, please visit our Careers
page on the Lakeside School website.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.