The Lakeside Educational Enrichment Program (LEEP) is looking for is looking for individuals to work as teachers for the 2019 summer. This is a full-time position from late June thru early August with possible work dates during the school year.
Click here to learn more about the goals and structure of this powerful summer program.
The LEEP Teacher will join a diverse and highly collaborative community of educators that consists of teaching colleagues, student counselors, coaches, and outdoor field instructors. The LEEP Team values risk taking and educational excellence. Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Teach new interdisciplinary course based on Design Thinking concepts to approximately 20 students with the assistance of two student counselors;
- Attend enrichment activities which may include swim lessons, service learning work group, outdoor education field experiences, and overnight camping trip;
- Provide an academically and emotionally supportive environment;
- Participate and collaborate with colleagues; curriculum development, program meetings and student evaluations;
- Support instructional and non-profit partners during enrichment activities and field experiences;
- Highlight student accomplishments during culminating ceremony and in student reports at the end of the summer.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Education of a related field;
- Be comfortable teaching English/History, Math/Statistics, Science/Environmental Studies, and Art (interdisciplinary course curriculum provided);
- Possess the ability to connect with a broad range of learners;
- Have passion and commitment for student success in and outside of the classroom;
- Demonstrated cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the cultural lenses they bring to interactions. The candidate will understand different perspectives; interact respectfully with cultures other than their own; and cultivate meaningful relationships with people that have different cultural frameworks.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete two criminal background checks.
Work Day / Schedule
The following outlines the required hours of work and events for Teachers:
- Spring Curriculum Preview: April 6 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- First Aid/CPR Training: June 28 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., if necessary.
- Staff Orientation Week: June 27 – July 5 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each day, July 4 is a holiday.
- Summer Program: July 8 – August 2 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each day.
- Overnight Outdoor Trip: July 25 – 26: 2 days and 1 night, rising 6th grade cohort only.
- Closing Events: August 2 from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
First-time teachers will be paid $4,500 in two installments, for the five weeks of their LEEP employment. Compensation credit will be given for returning teachers. A daily lunch is provided.
Working At Lakeside
At Lakeside we are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community. To learn more about our professional development and mentoring programs, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and opportunities for involvement in non-academic programs, please visit our Careers
page on the Lakeside School website.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.