Are you looking for a stimulating summer work opportunity - one that will allow you to be part of a growing program, work with talented educators, and enjoy a beautiful campus rich in history and technology? If so, Lakeside School's Summer School program is for you!
Our summer program is currently recruiting for a Yoga Instructor for the Investigative Learning Camp, an academic summer camp designed for students entering grades 5-8. The position will be part time. The yoga activity runs July 8 – August 2. This activity meets 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. There will be a mandatory orientation meeting on Wednesday, July 3.
Click here to learn more about the Lakeside School Summer Program and to see full class descriptions of courses offered during the summer of 2019.
- Develop daily activities that engage campers and encourage movement.
- Teach basic yoga poses, with a focus on balance, strength, and mindfulness.
- Supervise and instruct all campers during the activity period.
- Supervise and lead the counselors.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A high school degree, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Yoga teacher certification.
- Extensive experience in yoga instruction.
- Experience coaching/teaching middle-school students.
- First Aid and CPR certification obtained before July 8.
- Excellent communication and human relation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Positive and collaborative attitude.
- Sense of humor and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the cultural lenses they bring to interactions. The candidate will understand different perspectives; interact respectfully with cultures other than their own; and cultivate meaningful relationships with people that have different cultural frameworks.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete two criminal background checks.
The stipend for this position is $1,500. Lunch is included. The activity will only run if enough students register. Enrollment will remain open until June 1. If the number of students enrolled is too small on June 1, the activity will not run, and, therefore, the stipend will not be paid. For questions regarding this position contact Kat Yorks, Director of Summer School Programs. PLEASE DO NOT SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO KAT YORKS's EMAIL.
APPLY ONLINE AT:
Working At Lakeside
At Lakeside we are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community. To learn more about our professional development and mentoring programs, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and opportunities for involvement in non-academic programs, please visit our Careers page on the Lakeside School website.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.