University Prep is seeking a talented, well-organized Main Office Coordinator to help us advance our vision of being an inclusive community of learners that provides an outstanding education for each individual in a diverse student population. We are looking for someone who can work effectively independently as well as part of a team. We are looking for staff and faculty who share our belief that a culturally rich and inclusive school community provides students with the best possible environment for a quality education. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you. Salary is competitive with public and independent schools. University Prep offers an excellent benefits package, opportunities for professional development, and an extraordinary work environment.
Who We Are:
University Prep is an independent 6-12 school located in an urban residential section of Seattle, WA, one of the country’s most diverse and dynamic cities. We are a strong and vibrant community of students, families, faculty, staff, and alumni who collaboratively create an exceptional educational experience for every student. The school is a place of great teaching and joyful learning; a community that joins together to raise up our children to be caring and productive adults; a place where all students and families have equitable access to all the school has to offer, and a place where we aspire for every family and student to feel equally enfranchised and at home. To us, diversity and inclusivity are not addenda, they are embodied in all facets of our school culture. University Prep believes that our shared values of integrity, respect, and responsibility are essential to accomplish our mission of developing each student’s potential to become an intellectually courageous, socially responsible citizen of the world.
Under general supervision, is one of two Main Office Coordinators who act as the first point of contact for the school and whose responsibility it is to greet visitors in person and on the phone as well as assist with student late slips and questions. Enables the Main Office to function effectively at all times.
- Maintains telephone extension list, mailbox labels, and faculty/staff nametags
- Orders, receives and distributes supplies for the school including general office supply needs for administrative offices and educational departments, copy machine supplies, postage, and first aid/ medical supplies Writes check requests
- Orders coffee and other break room supplies and stocks the conference rooms with beverage condiments and paper supplies
- Provides support and coverage for attendance
- Accepts online updates to parent and student information in family database
- Creates copies of student medical and emergency information to be included in multi-use binders
- Distributes mail and posts school correspondence and packages
- Alternates with Main Office Coordinator (1) to provide main office coverage on Back-to-School nights and Open House nights.
- Provides occasional support as needed to Associate Head of School for Academics & Strategic Initiatives
- Vigorously engages in his/her own professional development
- Establishes and cultivates community relations by maintaining open dialogue with all of the school’s constituencies
- Is familiar with and complies with all policies and regulations as put forth in the school’s documents
- Since safety and security are everyone’s responsibility, takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, faculty, staff, equipment, materials and facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Parent Council Administrative Support
- Acts as the primary point person for Parent Council
- Orders supplies as needed for Parent Council meetings and events
- Attends monthly Parent Council evening meetings providing refreshments, including set up and clean up, and clerical support as needed
- Works with Parent Council co-chairs to create annual calendar of Parent Council events
- Prepares food cart for Parent Education events
- Works with Community Manager on Parent Council school-wide events
- Assures Room Reservation forms are filled out in detail for the Main UPrep calendar
- Orders supplies and stocks the Parent Council closet (plates, cups, etc.); keeps the closet organized
Responsibilities Shared with Other Main Office Coordinator:
- Creates a warm and welcoming environment in the Main Office
- Registers and maintains a database of employee automobiles
- Assists as needed with clerical support for New Employee orientation
- Provides on-campus care for sick and injured members of the University Prep community and maintains current certification in First Aid and CPR
- Greets visitors in person or over the telephone, and help ensure that their needs are met
- Maintains binders for permission slips, student and faculty emergency contact information, etc.
- Provides assistance, including clerical support, to administrative and support programs under the guidance of the Executive Assistant
- Assists with mailings processed through the Main Office
- Oversees use of folding machine, laminator, postage machine, and copy machines; ensures machines are serviced when needed
- Maintains up-to-date procedure documents for Main Office function
- Keeps current on the basic operations of the fire alarm, security system, and other emergency procedures; trains other employees as needed
- Keeps an up-to-date manual that outlines the job duties that may be used by Main Office substitutes as needed
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university or equivalent preferred
- Minimum two years of experience in office environment
- Independent school experience preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with all aspects of running the office as many of the duties require the cooperative effort of both Main Office Coordinators
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, and to manage details and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to maintain pleasant and effective relationships with colleagues and constituents, and to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work and communicate well with all levels of faculty and staff
- Ability to work and communicate well with students and their parents
- Flexibility, maturity and a sense of humor
- Proficiency at working in a Microsoft Windows environment (Windows 7 or higher), using Office (version 2010 or higher); ability to master common automated systems for record keeping, and confidently learn new technology
Thank you for your interest in this position and in University Prep. To apply for the position, please click on the link below:
Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.