NWAIS Professional Development
NWAIS Offers an Extensive Calendar of Professional Development To Move Your School Forward.
NWAIS Professional Development is grounded in the Core Values of the Association, especially, those of:
- Ongoing School Improvement and
- Collegial Relationships and Ethical Leadership
Each program lives these values through providing high caliber training along with time for structured and unstructured networking. We recognize that members learn as much from the experience and expertise of colleagues as from outside experts.
- Conferences - Multi-day, residential events, generally targeted at a specific job category
- Workshops - Single day, topic-based events
- Fellowship for Collaborative Innovation - Supported by a financial award, fellows are selected to explore a topic over the course of a year and then disseminate their learning to the association.
- Cohort Learning - Single or multi-year learning communities built to spring people forward to their next professional level
- Heads of School
- Trustees and Board Chairs
- Educators and Educational Leaders
- Business Officers
- Division Heads and Deans
- Development, Communications and Admissions Professionals
- Diversity Practitioners
- Head’s Assistants and Administrative Assistants
- Facilities Managers
- NWAIS also offers programming each year to serve new topics and additional groups and subgroups.
NWAIS also offers one program a year to bring together students from across the Association. The Student Diversity Leadership Retreat serves Middle School and Upper School Student Leaders in alternating years and offers an opportunity for students of all backgrounds to gather, share their experience and build skills around inclusion, justice and equity.