NWAIS Accreditation Works For Families
- NWAIS standards help schools develop their strengths to provide the best educational experiences for their students.
- Accreditation through NWAIS ensures schools have the leadership and resources to support their missions into the future
- Our peer review process fosters a professional network of educators that results in great teaching and learning.
NWAIS Accreditation Works For Schools
- The primary objective of accreditation is ongoing school improvement.
- The association has developed 13 robust standards for success.
- Membership and accreditation in NWAIS is voluntary.
- The accreditation process respects and fosters independence in member schools.
NWAIS believes that schools at all stages of development benefit from an intentional and directed reflective process. Our Standards and Indicators represent the qualities we see as vital for outstanding schools to survive and thrive, today and into the future. Through the NWAIS accreditation process a school utilizes the Standards to look at itself through the lens of its own unique mission and philosophy.
Demonstrated Characteristics of Accredited Schools
- Congruence between the school’s stated mission and the actual program and services.
- Adequate resources to achieve its objectives – currently and in the forseeable future.
- Adherence to NWAIS Core Values.
- NWAIS accredits whole institutions and does not include or exclude specific programs or grades within a school.
- Member schools are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.