From the St. Thomas School (Medina, WA) website…
For over 65 years, St. Thomas School (STS) has created a lasting legacy in Medina, educating thousands of children, focusing on Character, Curriculum and Community. These three essential ingredients of an STS education are the foundation of the 2015-2020 Strategic Plan approved by our Board of Trustees. Among the initiatives included in the Board's Strategic Plan are:
• the creation of a Center for Personalized Learning
• the expansion of our Music and Drama Programs
• enhanced facilities for our growing Athletics Program
• the creation of a Center for Leadership and Innovation
The success of STS is evident in our remarkable alumni, growing enrollment, and commitment to our core values. However, to fulﬁll the Strategic Plan's transformative vision, which will continue to position STS as a pioneer and thought leader of 21st century learning, we need additional physical space.
Completing our Campus
In 2016, the STS Board of Trustees began conversations with the only property directly adjacent to the school, the Overlake Golf & Country Club (OGCC). A conditional agreement with OGCC allows STS to build an approximately 18,500 square foot building. This additional space will enable us to build:
• a high school regulation size gymnasium with locker rooms and storage
• a theatre space with oﬃces and storage
• a ﬂexible classroom space for the Music and Drama departments
• a rooftop playﬁeld
• a state-of-the-art Center for Leadership and Innovation in the space occupied by the current gymnasium
The STS Board of Trustees has authorized this project, estimated at $23 million, as well as a fundraising effort to raise funds needed for the OGCC land, construction of the new building, renovation of our current building (including a Center for Leadership & Innovation), and the purchase of equipment and furnishings.
We are building on an amazing legacy! Even as we celebrate all that we've achieved over the years, we remain focused on protecting and growing that legacy for generations to come. Completing Our Campus ensures STS will continue to advance our mission to inspire and motivate intellectually curious students and develop responsible citizens of a global society.
Learn more about the project on the St. Thomas School’s FAQ page.