NWAIS Communications and Logistics Coordinator
The Northwest Association of Independent Schools is a nonprofit membership association that provides accreditation, professional development and support services to over 110 schools in Alaska, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
The Communications and Logistics Coordinator will support the mission of NWAIS and Professional Development (PD) programming by overseeing an array of program marketing and logistics. The Communications and Logistics Coordinator will support the pre-event, on-site and follow-up logistics for 20-30 conferences, workshops and institutes annually ranging in size from 10 to 1,000 attendees. This role will collaborate closely with the Associate Director and Registrar to ensure programmatic and strategic goals are realized. This is a half time position with some flexibility to work on-site or remotely.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide an Excellent Experience for Conference and Workshop Attendees
- Ensure events run smoothly and attendees’ needs are met.
- Develop pre- and post-event communication
- Attend NWAIS PD events and programs to support on-site logistics
- Collaborate with Associate Director to develop informative and compelling digital marketing and web content
Provide Seamless Logistics for Conference and Workshop Speakers
Partner with Host Schools and Venues
- Work with hotels and conference centers to ensure logistics are successful and meeting contractual obligations
- Identify, assign and partner with host schools to ensure catering, room set-up and audio visual needs are met
- Oversee logistics and contractors for the Fall Educators Conference (NWAIS’s largest annual event)
Develop and Support Sponsor and Exhibitors
- Build and develop relationships with existing and potential corporate sponsors
- Grow the corporate sponsorship and event sponsorship program
- Support marketing and communication with exhibitors and sponsors
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2-5 years of previous professional development, project management, meeting or logistics experience
• Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to develop a plan and see it through to completion with minimal oversight
• Strong relational skills with ability to work effectively independently and with a team, in a mission-oriented organization
• Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities and pay close attention to details
• Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
• Proficient in MS office suite, including Word and Excel, familiarity with Databases, and basic understanding of social media.
• Passion for customer service, independent schools and education
• Alignment with NWAIS Core Values
Compensation and Benefits
• Compensation is competitive and commensurate with previous experience
• Excellent benefits package, including full medical coverage, generous retirement match, vacation and sick time as well as Life-LTD-STD Insurance
• Potential for growth and development in the field of education and nonprofit management
• Flexible work environment
• Occasional regional travel to attend events required
• Potential for attending national conferences
NWAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample (less than 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first review of candidates will occur on February 16, 2018 and the position will remain open until filled.