NWAIS Is Hiring A New Executive Director
Posted 06/06/2018 04:10PM
NWAIS IS SEEKING OUR NEXT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
The next visionary leader of NWAIS will:
- Support and manage a dynamic and aspirational team. NWAIS owns its office in West Seattle and is comprised of six professionals (inclusive of the Executive Director) who are highly collaborative and growth-oriented. As the team explores working remotely and the possibility of a virtual office, it also seeks ways to stay connected and maintain its esprit de corps.
- Partner with and support a diversity of schools. The NWAIS membership includes over 110 schools in eight states and British Columbia, schools ranging from 90 students to 940 students, and schools with histories of less than a decade to over 130 years.
- Continue to seek and promote ways to sustain NWAIS schools in the face of demographic shifts,rising costs, competition (especially from charter schools), and other challenges.
- Advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion work amongst a complex and diverse membership.
- Raise NWAIS’s work regionally and nationally as a contributing force in shaping independent school education.
- As long-term and experienced Heads retire, provide support and counsel for new Heads, Boards, and the schools they serve.
- Embrace and continue to foster a highly collegial, egalitarian, and inclusive culture within the membership.