NWAIS is Hiring a Community Engagement and Event Coordinator, Apply Today!
The Northwest Association of Independent Schools is a nonprofit membership association that provides accreditation, professional development and support services to over 116 schools in Alaska, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
The Community Engagement and Event Coordinator supports the mission of NWAIS and Professional Development programming through overseeing an array of program and meeting marketing and logistics. They support the pre-event, on-site and follow-up logistics for 20-30 conferences, workshops and institutes annually ranging in size from 10 to 1,000 attendees. This role will collaborate closely with the Associate Director to ensure programmatic and strategic goals are realized.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
In order to successfully fulfill the objectives of the position, the community engagement and event coordinator will:
Ensure a Great Experience for Conference and Workshop Attendees:
- Ensure live and virtual events run smoothly and attendees’ needs are met
- Develop and pre-event communication and data tracking and post-meeting communication
- Collaborate with Associate Director to attend and be on-site point person for all NWAIS PD events and programs
- Collaborate with Associate Director to develop content and distribute digital marketing via constant contact to:
- Communicate the value of the professional development programs, build enthusiasm and encourage attendance for upcoming events with member and nonmember schools.
- Ensure that NWAIS affiliated schools are informed about upcoming opportunities and deadlines.
- Develop web content that is both informative and compelling.
Provide Seamless Logistics for Conference and Workshop Speakers
- Support speakers leading NWAIS PD programming through ensuring seamless travel and logistics
Partner with Host Schools and Hotels
- Work with hotels to ensure catering, audiovisual, and room blocks are successful and meeting contractual obligations
- Identify, assign and partner with host schools to ensure catering, room set-up and audiovisual needs are met
- Work with supporting companies for the Fall Educators Conference, including overseeing audio-visual, rental, catering, and conference app contractors
- Collaborate with Associate Director and site selection consultant to build relationships with northwest meeting venues. This process includes ongoing communication, site visits, soliciting proposals, vetting and selecting locations, as well as negotiating and implementing contracts.
Support NWAIS Board and Committee Meetings
- Provide support for NWAIS meetings including managing attendance, materials, catering and pre-meeting communication
- Provide administrative support for use of conference room meeting space by cohort groups
Engage with Annual and Event Sponsors and Exhibitors
- Create engaging marketing and communication with potential sponsors
- Recruit, cultivate and build relationships with potential and current sponsors
- Support customer service and logistics with exhibitors and event sponsors.
Expand Association’s Social Media Presence
- Highlight events and build member engagement
- Monitor listserv and add communication about how the association can help meet member needs
- Expand presence on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of previous professional development, project management, marketing, meeting or logistics experience
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to develop a plan and see it through to completion with minimal oversight
- Strong relational skills with ability to work effectively independently and with a team, in a mission-oriented organization
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities and pay close attention to details
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Proficient in MS office suite, including Word and Excel, familiarity with Databases, and experiencing growing a social media presence
- Passion for customer service, independent schools and education
- Alignment with NWAIS Core Values
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with previous experience
- Excellent benefits package, including full medical coverage, generous retirement match, vacation and sick time as well as Life-LTD-STD Insurance
- Potential for growth and development in the field of education and nonprofit management
- Flexible work environment
- Occasional regional travel to attend events required
- Potential for attending national conferences
NWAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.The first review of candidates will occur on November 1, 2020 and the position will remain open until filled.
Job Type: Full Time